Thursday, April 26, 2012

NetBiscuit linking solution updated!

Yesterday I updated the NetBiscuitLinking project at GitHub with the latest version. The biggest improvement is that the project now contains a TBB that handles the conversion from BML to correct ComponentLink-tags. Other than that it now supports cell-elements in addition of the three elements supported earlier. Instructions how to use these new features are covered in the ReadMe-file of the project so I won't cover them here.

What's next?

There are still some bugs/features to fix, for example I noticed that the RegEx for cell-element in the TBB doesn't seem to catch arbitrary number of attributes. Apart from the obvious bug fixing, I think the next big thing for the project is to create a Java-version of the extended ComponentLink. I've also been thinking about outputting TCDL-tags and creating a deployer extension to convert the tags to either Java or .Net controls depending on the selected target language. In my opinion that would make the solution feel more natural for Tridion (as that is how the normal HTML-links are handled) but on the other hand that would also require an extra step with the installation of the deployer extension.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas how to improve the solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment